I had two weeks at school where I could define a project I wanted to work on. I decided to continue on a comic-concept (Musmo) I’ve started earlier. What I wanted to do, was rethink how to solve the storytelling and the visual style.
I did a lot of research and writing. Some character and environment sketches. I also made a hypothetical panel from the introduction story where I tested digital colouring versus watercolour. The digital is not finished, but still I feel the watercolour is the one I want to go for. There still are a couple of things I want to test further, like linework, but at least I’m a step further.
This rethinking also means that the first drawn pages I’ve made earlier, will not be used. I won’t start drawing before I feel the essential ground work is finished. Also the project has become more manageable, because I decided to split the story up into smaller parts.